Check back for updates on my trip to the UK and the amazing things God is doing in the city!
RSS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

God is faithful!

Yesterday, at about 2pm, I was notified that I had 24 hours to decide if I am going to be able to raise the rest of the money for my trip. At that point, I was stressing about having 5 days, let alone 24 hours. So I was on my knees. I was praying and begging to hear God's voice. At work last night, I was distracted. I couldn't help but wonder what the next day would bring....what the next week would bring. Before I went to bed, a friend of mine prayed with me and asked God to speak and to reveal His plan for me for this trip. As we prayed, I got a vision of wine bottles in a factory getting ready to be shipped out. I thought, "Hmmm...wine....boxed....new....New Wine!" God has brought New Wine to the front of my thoughts several times in the last month and I have a feeling He's going to do some pretty awesome things while we're there! I went to bed asking for His confirmation if this was Him telling me to press forward and wait for his provision over the next 5 days. I was desperate to hear Him. I was at the end of myself.

When I woke up this morning, I had a message from a friend on the team and she informed me that she wanted to give me some money for the trip. I sat up and thought, "Does this mean I'm going? I still have a ways to go." Then, my friend that prayed for me the night before called me and said, "Ok. We can do this! Send texts, send emails, let's see what we can do before the deadline this afternoon." I immediately had my reservations, but was encouraged (even more so after getting the message I woke up to). So, I got up and I started sending texts, and she started sending emails. Within minutes, I started getting responses: "I'll give $100!", "I'll give $50!". That went on for about an hour! Within an hour, I had about $400 raised!

Then the responses slowed down and there was a lull. I sat...and I waited. And I waited. And I prayed. And I waited. Then, a friend of mine sent me a text and said, "How much do you need?" I promptly sent him a text back and told him how much I needed at that point. He wrote back and said, "Done. I'll do it all. You're all set! Where do I send it?"

Seriously?

I called him immediately and could barely get the words out of my mouth. I told him how much of a roller coaster the last 24 hours had been and how much of a blessing this morning has been. He then said, "Well, God actually put this on my heart last night. So, I was planning on giving at some point today, and then I got your text this morning." WOW.

Within 3 hours, I had ALL the money I needed.

I'M GOING TO THE UK!!!

God is so good! SO GOOD!!

After this, I was still getting phone calls and emails and texts of people who wanted to give! (Which was a huge blessing because I still needed a couple hundred for the time off work I won't get paid for to pay my bills.)

Guys, I am now fully covered to go on this trip! What a difference a day makes! Praise God!!

I have been raising support for three months and God could have easily provided that earlier on, but I literally have come to the end of myself. I was humbled. I was in need of HIS provision. HIS word. HIS presence. I believe there was purpose to the way this worked out. God knows what He's doing and I can't wait to see what's in store for us on this trip!!

There are other people on our team who still need money, so if you would still like to give, you can.

THANK YOU for those of you who have been praying and THANK YOU to those of you who have given so generously! I am truly, truly blessed!!

1 comments:

Matt said...

Tia, that's awesome! Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe some time in the future. I don't think this will be the last trip you go on.

Post a Comment