Check back for updates on my trip to the UK and the amazing things God is doing in the city!
RSS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Plane Ticket Purchased!

Well, it's been an interesting week. We had planned on having a yard sale last weekend to raise the remainder of what I needed for the plane ticket due date (yesterday). However, mother nature decided otherwise. We made the decision to postpone the yard sale due to the fact that there was still so much snow on the ground and threats of more snow that weekend. I really had to give it up to God and trust that He would provide the money I needed by Monday. Well, He did! I have raised 35% of the money for my trip which was enough to make the deadline to purchase my plane ticket! I'm really going! (I keep having moments when I tell myself that.) It seems so crazy. I don't think it'll hit me until I'm there....or maybe about 6 hours into our flight. (8 hours on a plane?! That's just nuts!)
I was supposed to start a new job last week. The HR department was backed up with open enrollment and didn't get to my information until, well, now. So, I've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting. It's been frustrating. Today, I finally got a call and they "officially" offered me the position and I should be starting in a couple days! Yay!

It seems as though I was tested in a lot of ways last week. Tested with trusting that God will provide what I need when situations were out of my control. That's another thing. Not having control of anything right now is driving me nuts! Really makes me realize just how human I am. Thank God for grace!!

Looking ahead, I have another $2,000 due in a couple weeks. I know God will provide! I'm so excited for what God has for me on this trip! I'm already having conversations with people on our team that are stirring things in my heart. I know this trip is going to stretch me in many ways. It is going to challenge me. But, it's in challenging and stretching that we grow. I'm excited for growth!

Our Yard Sale will take place this weekend. Several people have donated items and I am so grateful for that! Please pray that the weather cooperates! We will be giving people the option of just donating. Please pray for generous hearts!

I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing, supportive people. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment